Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moral of the story part 1

"My name is Rambo Rambo. Jaan Rambo..."
Ok then, dear Rambo, what would you have us do today? Would you have us wear our clothes inside out? flog a dead horse? count to infinity...twice? or would you rather we cut only half the nails on our fingers, that too in alternating fashion.
Speaking of which, it just might become the new fad... (annoying female model complaining to hapless internee) "..well I think the whole alternating sequence is monotonous. Personally, I like to have a gap of two before I leave a nail uncut....tsk uncouth! Why aren't you staring at me in an awestruck manner? The couth, I mean, the youth of today na!"
And so we stumble, quite unknowingly, upon the term "na". We've all used it. Be in a "please" tone or a "I tell you" tone.
An "I tell you" tone would be:"... The couth, I mean, the youth of today I tell you!"
But the more popular use of the expression is the begging "please" tone: "give it to me na!"
or "day do, naa!"
To which some halfwit charlatan would say "acha? day do naa? yaani ke naa doun? theek hai, jaisay marzi... waisay mein tau dainay hi wala thaa..."
There's also the one that comes at the end of a question. You know what I'm talking about naa?
Before we got absorbed in this... this.. thing. We were talking about dead horses and nails.
Now, about nails...
Have you ever been stung by a wasp? If you have... tough luck. If you haven't... lucky you, but it's going to cost me the next couple of lines. When a wasp stings you, it hurts a bit and after a while you experience some swelling around the unfortunate area that got stung.
So, imagine you sitting at an outdoor cafe under the shade of an umbrella at your table. Your table is laden with osama. haha bad joke. Imagine your table is laden with orange juice and some other healthy food item (I only know of orange juice). And while you're there, under the shade wearing your shades, sipping your juice and eating your healthy food item, this wasp creeps up to your left hand, which is completely motionless and comfortably rested on the table, picks your forefinger and WHAM delivers the blow through the nail, into the skin.
Suddenly you feel pain in a part of your body that you've never felt before. The finger under your nail had always been protected by the nail.
You writhe in pain as you spill your juice and spit your food and shout out curse words that would embarrass the local hero of a dodgy neighbourhood. You're filling in the blanks from A to Z, and you don't realize that the worst is yet to come. When your vocabulary runs out at the letter V, the 'W'orst comes... the swelling beings, inside your nail.
The complication is that only your flesh swells up, your nail does not. So, your nail pops out, still attached to the top of your swelled up flesh. And your finger is shaped like a mushroom with a piece of nail attached to one end. How painful would that be? And how disgusting a sight would that be?
Moral of the story being that if you don't match your socks, you best not wear your frocks.

No comments: