Sunday, May 02, 2010

What's the capital of...

Another one of those nights; sitting senza fine (without aim) on the floor and surrounded by clowns. Usually most things in life should have a purpose, but then such a blatant waste of time would never be.
"What's the capital of Kuwait?" asked Feeqs
"Kuwait, that was sooo easy" answered Tinu, "Ok. What's the capital of China?"
"Sooo easy. Beijing." Feeqs said with overconfidence "I bet you don't know the capital of South Africa"
"Oh it's so easy... I watch cricket you know!" Tinu said as he went deep into meditation.
I knew every single one of the capitals but this game of trying to prove each other dumb was entertaining at first, but now they were naming countries they both didn't know capitals of.
"Pretoria!" exclaimed Tinu to Feeqs smug look. Tinu was obviously the smarter of the two. But I already knew that.
"Ok what's the capital of Argentina?"
"OOOoooh I KNOW this!!! Just give me a minute!" Feeqs said, to my great surprise. He was acting like he really knew the answer.
"Just give me a minute, it's on the tip of my tongue" he said as he started to whispering to himself some indiscernable words.
Tinu stole a look towards me which said 'This is going to be so entertaining'. And so I got ready to brace myself.
"OK ok ok! It's uhhh...San something... uhh.. Sannn... Saannnnn.... uhh.. San Marino!!" Feeqs really did put a lot of thought into it. But really, where on earth is San Marino?
Tinu acted shocked, like we do when Pakistan looses a cricket game that they've seemingly won.
"How did you know?!" said Tinu, almost acting frustrated.
Here I must admit, it was my fault for I could not contain myself any longer. I burst out laughing like a maniac that's broken out of a mental asylum.
"eff you Tinu. I bet you don't know it yourself." A summary of what Feeqs said to Tinu but in a less colourful language.
"Ok ok Feeqs I'll give you another one so you can prove yourself. What's the capital of Tanzania?"
"I Don't Know and I bet you don't either!"
"Oh but I do"
"Yea? What is it?"
"Dodoma"
"HAHA! Dodoma?! You expect me to buy that?"
We didn't even have to look at each other to know that the other hugging the floor and struggling to breathe because sometimes, and often times, Feeqs just manages to get himself into the most hilarious conversational traps. Feeqs stormed out of the room.

No comments: