In Auda Abu Tayi's tent.
Lawrence: They are a tribe of slaves, they serve the Turks.
Auda: Well they are nothing to me, my tribe is the Howeitat.
Sherif Ali: Who work only for profit.
Auda: Who work at Auda's pleasure.
Lawrence: And Auda's pleasure is to serve the Turks.
Auda: Serve? I Serve?
Lawrence: It is the servant who takes money.
Auda gets up and faces his tribesmen.
Auda: I am Auda abu Tayi!!! Does Auda serve?
Tribesmen: NO!
Auda: Does Auda abu Tayi serve?
Tribesmen: NO!
Auda : I carry twenty-three great wounds, all got in battle. Seventy-five men have I killed with my own hands in battle. I Scatter, I burn my enemies' tents. I take away their flocks and herds. The Turks pay me a golden treasure. Yet I am poor... because I am a river to my people!! Is that service??
Lawrence: No.
3 comments:
so we put auda, maximus, wallace, salahuddin, chengez khan, nathaniel bumppo and shawn michaels in a room and see who the last man standing is. fasih, who would you put your money on?
I'll quote Auda Abu Tayi on this:
"You trouble me like women"
and then I will choose Auda Abu Tayi.(because of my bias)
and then I will choose Wallace.(because of freedom)
you speak true, golden feather! may the wind be thy guide.
Post a Comment