A pier in the middle of a field that was clearly used on occasion as a rubbish dump should have been absurd, or sad, but instead was suggestive of both constancy and change. I'll take constancy. Keep the change. - Kamila Shamsi
On Political groups who try to, all the time, define and re-define who we are as opposed to what we were and what we were meant to be. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On Globalization which promulgates only the American way of life. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On the increasing social divide and exploitation of the majority by a minority. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On a people trying to imitate another people more and more. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On from it getting bad to worse. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On innocent children growing up to be rational discerning adults, who can identify with class, creed, borders and ethnicity. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On spirituality degenerating. On the number of fatwas. On the increasing number of Zionist settlers. On the 'theories' that disprove religion. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On dreams lost to means of living. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On change ("Yes We Can!") that promises change but delivers constancy. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On short-lived War and enduring Peace. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On "what's in" and what's centuries old culture. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
On servants who, when we were young, were our friends and equals. I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
I'll take constancy. Keep the change.
3 comments:
i like this.
on blending only with the people that we first walked in with. give me constancy. keep the change. aaja ab fuss. we miss your take on things. :D
on realizing that change now means going back to what you mindlessly discarded previously. i am not sure about constancy but the past was definitely wiser.
On where we're going and where we've always belonged. I'll always, always take constancy. I want to walk back in as soon as possible.
Post a Comment