Monday, September 25, 2006

RamaDan

An empty stomach precedes an empty mind. I have nothing to write and nothing to write about. The last couple of hours of the fast are the most absolutely useless, the marginal productivity of a being tends towards the negative. I have tactfully, and probably not too smartly, overlooked the fact that now I have to prepare my own iftari and instead I'm blogging. The end result being the adaption of the 'Bismillah Halal' policy. The policy in question states that the chicken, be it brown, white, black, yellow or orange is a muslim chicken once the holy words are recited before the feasting of the beastling. The holy words may not necessarily be called upon if the chicken in question is brown ( good probability that it's halal ).
Bloody vegetable samosas. Technically, the curse is void. "Vegetable" samosas cannot be "Bloody". Anyways, vegetable samosas are a total waste of stomach space.
Also, I can never comprehend why we've been taught the word as Ramzan where as the whole world has to pronounce it as Ramadan. I hope we're not saying it wrong, or worse, doing it wrong.
Well, some of us do anyway. I always thought that during a fast one of the battles one fights is to curb one's anger and control one's tongue. Today, I inquired from an esteemed colleague of mine, whether he was fasting or not. The reply was along the lines of...
"Haan bhenc-toot- meri b-toot- pha-toot- gaee hai "
In retrospect, I think the B-Halal policy works.

4 comments:

Azam said...

hahahaha.... bismillah hilal. we must try that on the hoe someday. missing the boys for the sehris yaaar. take care.

fuss said...

Lots and Lots of missing!!!
Dammit!!!
Lassee for todays sehry to reminisce

Anonymous said...

hey loosie
veggi samosas are not a waste of stomach space...they are soooo yummy!!
Can't believe you used declining productivity to describe the right before you break your fast hours, brillient haha!!
Ramzan mubarik

fuss said...

ooooh loozy spelt as loosie, I know where this anonymous post came from!!